The First International ECSA Citizen Science Conference 2016 is aimed at policy makers, science funders, scientists, practitioners in the field of citizen science, Non-Governmental Organisations and interested citizens. This trans-disciplinary conference will highlight, demonstrate and debate the innovation potential of citizen science for science, society and policy, and its role within open science and innovation.
The three-day conference will showcase how both new and traditional ways of citizens working with scientist can enable the transformative enhancement of science-policy and social impact, scientific advancement, scientific literacy and empowerment. Of particular importance is the role of citizen science within wider agendas such as open science and innovation, and progressing towards responsible research and innovations.
This is what you can expect from the ECSA conference:
- An inspiring conference that brings together enthusiasts for Citizen Science, policy makers and scientists.
- Opportunities to present your Citizen Science project and to exchange experiences with others.
- Keynote presentations and other diverse conference formats such as paper sessions, split sessions, round tables and collaborative sessions.
- A ThinkCamp on the third and final day to enable collaboration amongst participants plus the wider DIY Science and Maker communities, around a number of Citizen Science Challenges.
- Lots of stimulating discussions, networking and fun moments with like-minded people.